Monday, June 29, 2009

Compete

I have this urge to compete with anyone. Don't know where I get it from. The question is, is competing a good or bad thing? I'd like to think it is good (but I'm biased right??) To me, if you don't compete you'll just probably stay where you are, complacent and never bother to make improvements. But if you compete, some people say you are never happy with what you have or are. They say you should be happy with yourself and look at all the good things/traits you posses. Yeaaap, I'm happy but I want to be better than what I am now.

Here's what I read in one of those forwarded emails:

I'm going to beat so-and-so no matter what I'm better than him.
Problem: Competitiveness assumes that there is a small amount of gold to be had, and I need to get it before he does. It makes us into greedy, back-stabbing, hurtful people. We try to claw our way over people to get to success, because of our competitive feelings. For example, if a blogger wants to have more subscribers than another blogger, he may never link to or mention that other blogger. However, who is to say that my subscribers can't also be yours? People can read and subscribe to more than one blog

My view: Competitiveness doesn't always make u greedy, back-stabbing or hurtful ... It can make you strive for something better.
To get success, you don't need to claw your way over people!! You do it on your own merit.

hmmmm.. I guess there's always going to be different kinds of views for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment